ComingSoon has two Turning Red giveaway packs to give out, plus three additional Best Buy SteelBook copies of the movie to celebrate the film’s release on Blu-ray on May 3 (it’s already out digitally). Directed by Domee Shi, the film stars Rosalie Chiang, Sandra Oh, Ava Morse, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Hyein Park, and Orion Lee. The giveaway packs features goodies from Fly By Jing (Branded Asian spice trio), Dashing Diva (Branded nail palette that features gel nails and gel light kit), Sanzo (Branded flavored sparkling waters), Hally Hair (Branded red hair dye kit), and a Best Buy SteelBook exclusive Blu-ray copy.
RELATED: Turning Red Interview: Director Domee Shi Discusses Film’s Depiction of Intergenerational Trauma
“The film introduces Mei Lee, a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence,” reads the synopsis. “Her protective, if not slightly overbearing, her mother, Ming, is never far from her daughter de ella —an unfortunate reality for the teenager. And as if her changes to her interests, relationships, and her body were n’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which is practically ALWAYS), she ‘poofs’ into a giant red panda! ”
To enter ComingSoon’s giveaway, you can either retweet the Twitter post below or comment on our corresponding Facebook post. The giveaway lasts for one week until May 9. Must be in the US as it is a physical prize.
Full details:https://t.co/wIkcpLXlMB pic.twitter.com/AQZB6MEb3g
— ComingSoon.net (@comingsoonnet) May 2, 2022
RELATED: Interview: Rosalie Chiang Discusses Turning Red, How She Differs From Meilin
Full features for the Turning Red Blu-ray below:
- Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by director Domee Shi, producer Lindsey Collins, and director of photography Mahyar Abousaeedi.
- Life of a Shot – Domee Shi and members of the crew describe the many-layered process and artistry involved in creating the hilarious Red Peony scene – from observing red pandas in a zoo to creating a storyboard to finalizing the animation and background lighting.
- Build Your Own Boy Band – Step backstage to learn how 4*TOWN came to animated life. From creating each band member’s persona to writing and producing the songs to fine-tuning the details of their stadium performance, the filmmakers reveal how they designed the ultimate boy band.
- Ani-Mei-Tion – Because Mei’s heightened emotionality is central to the story, it was important that her look and movement reflect that energy. Learn how Domee Shi led the animation team to incorporate hints of expressive anime to create Mei’s lovable, dynamic character.
- Deleted Scenes Introduction – Director Domee Shi introduces scenes not included in the final version of Turning Red.
- Intro Meilin – In this alternate opening, Ming and young Mei have their portrait taken in a studio…but Ming has her own specific vision for the photo.
- Taming The Panda – Under her mother’s guidance, Mei learns techniques to control her ability to magically turn into a red panda…to varying degrees of success.
- The debate – Mei runs for class president against frenemy Tyler, and the speeches get a little out of hand.
- Fei And Christina Hang – Mei (formerly Fei) shares a banana split while having a heart-to-heart with Aunt Christina.
- 4*TOWN Dilemma – Mei scores tickets to her dream concert, but her strict mother won’t let her out of the house. What will she do?
- Roping In Leo – Pleading with Leo for help with getting out of trouble, Mei learns a couple of his closely guarded secrets.
- Easter Egg – Robutton Deleted Scene – An alternate ending in which Mei, finding herself sitting next to her 4*TOWN dream-idol Robaire on a flight to California, has some feelings.